Call for Papers for the 2019 issue
The Editorial Committee of the European Investment Law and Arbitration Review invites original, unpublished scholarly submissions on recent developments in international investment law, with a focus on the theme ‘The EU as a policy driver of international investment law’.
Examples of topics that authors could consider include:
- The EU-Vietnam FTA
- The EU-Japan FTA
- Brexit, EU law and investment treaty arbitration
- State immunity and enforcement of awards within the EU
- The UNCITRAL negotiations regarding ISDS reform
- The proposed investment court system (ICS) and the expected Opinion of the CJEU.
We also invite case-notes and short articles on for example:
- The Vattenfall decision regarding the Achmea judgment
- The Chevron v. Ecuador decision
Submissions to the Review should fit within the following categories:
Scholarly articles should provide an in-depth analysis of a topic and aim to comprehensively cover the relevant case-law and literature. The maximum length should be 20,000 words.
- Shorter articles should offer a succinct analysis of a topical issue together with original views intended to stimulate debate. The maximum length should be 8,000 words.
- Case-notes should provide a concise analysis of a recent arbitration award or decision of a national court. Case-notes are to include a summary of the facts and main points of the decision as well as an analysis of the impact of the decision on investment law and arbitration. The maximum length should be 5,000 words.
- Book reviews should offer a critical summary of the main aspects of the book. The maximum length should be 3,000 words
Submissions must be in English and in conformity with the Review’s house style.
All submissions must be unpublished and original material. Co-authored submissions are permissible.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed.
The Editorial Committee reserves the right to accept, reject a submission or make publication conditional upon modifications, which have been suggested to the author.
Submissions are to be emailed as an attached Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is: 1 April 2019.