Aims of EFILA
The European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA) has been established in Brussels as a think-tank to promote the knowledge of all aspects of EU and international investment law, including arbitration, at the European level. EFILA endeavours to facilitate a meaningful exchange of views on relevant and timely issues vital to the development of the European internal market and beyond.
EFILA serves as a platform for a fact- and merit-based discussions on European and international investment law issues. In particular, it fosters an objective debate concerning investment arbitration broadly understood. As a think-tank EFILA will tracks the EU’s trade and investment policy and analyzes the scope and use of investment arbitration, especially from a European perspective.
The Secretariat of EFILA
The Secretariat of EFILA, which manages the day-to-day activities, consists of the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Nikos Lavranos, LL.M. – Secretary-General, founder & owner of NL-investmentconsulting
- Tetyana Makukha, LL.M. – General Manager, Foreign Associate, NautaDutilh, Amsterdam
- Alexander G. Leventhal – General Manager, Of Counsel Quinn Emanuel, Paris
- Malcolm Robach – General Manager, Associate at Mannheimer Swartling, Stockholm
- William Ahern – General Manager, Associate at Mayer Brown, Paris